Geography Literacy Unlocked
Geography Literacy Unlocked has been written for secondary geography students seeking to improve their literacy skills. It includes a focus on written, visual and oral literacy.
Geography Literacy Unlocked is published by the Australian Geography Teachers Association and written by Dr Grant Kleeman. One of Australia’s leading geography educators.
- An engaging, easy-to-navigate design
- A student-friendly approach featuring step-by-step explanations and annotated exemplars
- A focus on the basics of effective written communication – spelling, punctuation, tense and the use of connectives
- Descriptions of the principal text types used in geography, supported by annotated examples
- Guidance for writers in quoting, paraphrasing, summarising and referencing the work of others
- A focus on the responsible use of social media
- A comprehensive coverage of the principal forms of visual and oral texts students encounter in geography
- Templates or scaffolds to support the interpretative skills students are expected to demonstrate.
Geography Skills Unlocked
Geography Skills Unlocked is a skills book for Australian secondary schools.
- Contents aligned to the inquiry and skills-based requirements of Australian Curriculum: Geography
- An engaging, easy to navigate design
- A student friendly approach with step-by-step explanations, descriptions and worked examples
- A focus on emerging technologies used to gather, analyse and present geographical data
- GeoSkills and GeoInquiry activities that scaffold student learning
- A wealth of stimulus material including a diverse range of maps, graphs, aerial photographs, satellite images, diagrams and photographs
- Examples drawn from each Australian state and territory with additional international material
- Key terms explained in embedded glossary boxes
Geography Skills Unlocked is published by the Australian Geography Teachers Association and written by a team of experienced Geography teachers.
>> Submit order — Please contact the GTA NSW office on 02 9716 0378 or via email at email@example.com for orders of over 8 copies.
>> Download Answers to Geography Skills Unlocked Questions (81.2MB PDF)
Study Geography Brochure
Designed for Year 8 – 10 students and their parents, this brochure outlines options that a study of Geography offers students including ideas about careers. The essential messages are that Geography is fun; Geography leads to a variety of careers; and Geography cultivates a unique world view. This is an essential resource for promoting a study of Geography in the junior and middle years.
Year levels: 8–10
Cost: per a set of 50 in A4 brochure format consisting of 4 pages